Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yummy, Easy Granola Goodness

I just made the most yummy, super easy granola!  It was doubly yummy goodness because both kids gave it such high praise.  They usually aren't a fan of the stuff.

From the basic idea of choose your poison (just kidding!), you start with 4 cups whole oats.  Dump 'em in at least a 12" skillet.

Then the fun part!  Start adding.  Start with 1/3c of oil.  I used coconut (that sound you hear is the hallelujah yippees for all things coconutty).  Then add 1/3c sweetener (honey, agave, brown sugar, are some).  I used honey.

Turn skillet on low-med and start stirring.  Add whatever flavors/seasonings your family enjoys.  I threw in a little orange peel, cinnamon, coconut (of course!).  You could also add vanilla, which I would have done if I weren't out.  Add some nutty goodness--almonds, walnuts, etc.  Maybe a bit of dried fruit.  Flax would be good...:)

When thoroughly warmed, mixed and browned a bit, containerize and gobble down.  That's the best part.  The gobbling goodness!

WARNING!!  Highly addictive!

While this only makes a 4c batch, going stove top beats heating up the oven for an hour.  I think it only took me about 15 min total.  And eating it warm is so, so...well, you know!

So what would you throw in your batch of Yummy, Easy Granola Goodness?

No comments: