Monday, November 7, 2011

New Skillet Love

After several years, my very used up, cheap skillet's last leg gave out.  Spending a lot of money on a skillet is not my preference, nor is having another piece of junk skillet!  So it was time to shop.

I went to my end-all/beat-all store--Target-- and started the search.  I quickly sized up an idea of the price range, size, and features.  Because I'm lazy and not a "cook", I knew I wanted non-stick, dishwasher safe.  I also knew the whole peeling, non-stick surface had left a bad taste (pun intended) in my mouth!  Honestly, I'm not even sure if they make that kind any more.  I don't have cable, so I don't see commercials and I also neglected to do an internet search.  So, not a lot of preconceptions.  I just wanted to make a good purchase and go home!


They don't make it easy on us though, do they?  Shapes, sizes, features, even price range are rather extreme.  Some of us just don't need all that!  T-Fal was one of the predominant brands at Target.  I'd heard the name.  I hadn't heard anything bad, that I could remember.  They had a good size, at an okay price--I wouldn't call it cheap, but I guess considering they last a few years, that's acceptable.

So I bought it.  Funny...I kept thinking about my mom and her one cast iron skillet she had and cooked out of her whole life.  I wish I had that skillet!  I know I bought one when I first left home, but it was NOT the same and didn't last long.  Sigh.

So in the end, I love my T-Fal skillet.  I haven't washed it in the dishwasher yet, but it's doing the cooking job pretty well.  Now, if only I could perform food miracles in it! 

Do you have a favorite skillet?




Disclaimer:  Though I'd love T-Fal to pay me for my opinion, there's no sign of that on the horizon.  This is just my experience. :)

No comments: